Trekking poles can be purchased in many different varieties, including sturdy poles that are used for hiking. Trekking poles come in pairs. You will need one for each hand. The most basic poles provide a convenient handle for the gripping, wrist strap to hold them in place, and a rubber tip on the bottom to help provide placement on the ground.
Trekking poles should suit your height or adjustable so you can change the settings to suit your height. When walking with your pole, you should be able to easily strike the ground with each pole while maintaining good walking posture. If the poles cause you to lose alignment, adjust them or buy a different pair.
There are different trekking poles that serve various needs and if you must buy hiking poles with a fixed length which can provide additional flexibility that will not cause unwanted vibrations through the poles. You should still need to adjust your hiking poles to get the best results. You can browse the official website to buy the best hiking poles online available at affordable prices.
Image Source: Google
The benefits of using hiking poles are:
- Improve balance and stability while walking
- Strengthen the upper back muscles, shoulder muscles, arms and chest muscles
- Improve your cardiovascular activity
- Burn more calories
- Helping you to maintain proper posture (make sure your pole is according to your height)
- Taking the stress of the lower back, hips, knees, and ankles (if you have a condition such as arthritis or tendinitis, can be very helpful)
The right trekking poles will provide you an ideal balance and your knees will get the protection and your mountaineering experience will also be more efficient. And, they can also act as a pillar to prop up the tent at night.